FIX WinRAR Diagnostic Message Checksum Error During Extraction
If you are trying to extract a RAR file and WinRAR showing you an error message like this...
WinRAR: Diagnostic messages
Checksum error in "filename.xyz" The file is corrupt.
Then read this post because in this post I share 5 methods to fix WinRAR Diagnostic messages or Checksum errors.
How to FIX WinRAR Diagnostic message Checksum error
- Open the Run window in your PC,
- Type %localappdata% & hit OK,
- Now find CrashRpt folder here and Delete this folder,
- Then try to extract the RAR file again,
- If the file is extracted successfully then stop here, but if not then try the other methods shared below.
- First of all, disable Windows Security or any other Antivirus you're using for the time being,
- Now extract the compressed file with WinRAR.
- Open the RAR file with WinRAR,
- Select the folder(s) and Repair them and then try to extract the.rar file.
- Uninstall WinRAR older version from your Windows Computer,
- Download WinRAR Latest Version,
- Install it and try to extract the file again.
- Download & Install 7-Zip
- Extract the file using 7-Zip