BEST Settings to Create HIGHLY COMPRESSED files using WinRAR
WinRAR is an Archive Utility Program for Windows, Mac & Linux users. But what are the BEST Settings to create a highly compressed file that has a very small file size?
Here are the settings, follow them to make a Highly Compress RAR File using WinRAR.
WinRAR BEST Settings for Compression.
- Open the WinRAR application.
- Go to Options > Settings or just hold the Ctrl + S.
- In the settings window, go to the Compression tab, and under compression profiles, click on the Create Default... button.
- Now under the Set default compression options, 1) click on the Compression method and select Best. 2) tap on second option under Archive format.
- Under the Archiving Options, check to Create solid archive and Lock archive. This must now look something like this screenshot.
- Go to the Advanced tab and click on the Compression... option.
- Under the Text compression option select Auto, set the Prediction order to 63 and Memory to use to 128 MB.
- Click on OK and exit Winrar.
Highly Compressing Files with WinRAR
- Right-click on the file you want to compress and select the Add to “filename.rar” or Add to archive... option,
- Wait for the compression to finish and once this is done you’ve finally got your highly compressed file.