How to Set Password on RAR or ZIP File 2023
RAR files are compressed archive files. It means they can contain hundreds of files in a single .rar file.
And because of that power RAR file size is smaller than the uncompressed files.
To make your archive files [RAR, ZIP, 7z, etc.] super secure, you just need to add encryption to them.
Add Password to RAR File in Windows
Create encrypted RAR with WinRAR
- First of all, install WinRAR on your windows pc,
- Now select the files and right-click on them.
- Now click on Add to archive...
- Then tap on Set password...
- Now type the password you want to apply on the RAR archive file.
- Finally hit OK [Your encrypted RAR file will be saved in the same folder as the files you selected for it.]
Add Password to an Existing RAR file
- Open the existing compressed RAR [or zip] file with WinRAR
- Press Alt+Q at the same time.
- Now Deselect all the file formats that are not RAR from Archive types window.
- Make sure the rar(1) checkbox remains selected.
- Then click on the Compression... option to open the Set default compression options window.
- Tap on Set password... button.
- Type a password for the archive file in the text box & click OK button.
- Now tap on Yes to provide confirmation to encrypt the archive you want.
- Then press the OK option to set the password to the RAR file archive.